Bird’s Nest Cookies
Below is a recipe for an adorable Easter themed dessert found at www.delish.com that we had to share! Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
- 1 1/4 cup(s) sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coconut extract (optional)
- 60 candy-coated milk-chocolate eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread out coconut on a baking sheet and toast until pale golden, stirring once or twice, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg, vanilla extract and coconut extract, if using, and beat until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls; roll in toasted coconut. Arrange 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. With your thumb, make an indentation in center of each ball. Pinch sides of cookies so they stand up and form nests.
- Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheets. Just before serving, place 2 or 3 chocolate eggs in each cookie.